We are finishing up a bedroom design. It’s a small but adorable space. For furnishings, we just had to get the bed, a dresser, a night stand, a lounge chair + stool. So considering that we only have to get 5 pieces, I’m sure my client was baffled that the shopping list to get together, style and accessorize her dresser has 10 items in it if not more. Styling is the best part of my job! It’s really all about layering, mixing and matching and making the tabletop vignette curated yet functional.
1. French Marble Top Chest | Jean Marc Fray
2. A Trio of Gold-Leafed Convex Mirrors | Layla Grace
3. Gold and Black Lamp | Currey & Company
4. Decorative books
5. Quartz Votive Holder | Jayson Home and Garden
6. Bone Oval Boxes | Jayson Home and Garden
7. Double Chain Link Sculpture | Kelly Wearstler
8. Bone Frame | Dwell Studio
9. Gold Ceramic Rope Vase | Studio A by Global Views
10. Art prints | Made by Girl
11. Gilded Jewelry Box | Anthropologie
The client went with a heirloom piece is a dresser but this French Marble top chest is all about the feel we’re going for. For a glamorous dresser space, go for luxurious and sophisticated pieces. It also means to go for texture and materials that screams elegance —- gilded and gold-leafed items are definitely in, quartz and bone elements speak opulence as well as those that’s shiny and gleaming. And of course, gorgeous flowers and chic books go a long way!
Happy Thursday everybody!
Do you have a Design question? Feel free to drop me a line here >>>